As a Certified Hotel Administrator and Certified Tourism Ambassador, John’s 30 years of experience are second to none. He first came on board with Columbus Hospitality Management in 1996 as a disc jockey in the hotel bar, quickly working his way to the management level. Over the years, he was recruited by other firms, but always found his way back to the Columbus Hospitality Management family.
John’s current position covers a wide range of responsibilities, primarily focusing on project management of renovations and managing information technology contracts and relationships.
However, John’s favorite memory of his time in hospitality comes from a moment that showcases his quick thinking and leadership. When a salesperson oversold the capacity of an elaborate wedding, the hotel staff brainstormed, ultimately setting up a meeting room for all of the children who attended the reception. The solution was so successful that other weddings began requesting a similar setup.
John and his wife of 30+ years, Joanne, are dog parents to three pug puppies. He is also a model railroader and enjoys taking photographs of railroad-related subjects in his spare time.
- Certified Hotel Administrator
- Certified Tourism Ambassador
- Served on the Board of The American Hotel and Lodging Association
- Former President of The Ohio Hotel and Lodging Association
- Recipient of the Lamp of Knowledge Award from the Educational Institute of the American Hotel and Lodging Association